Consider the impact that Words & Images have on society

Words, images, advertisements, photography, and media engulf our lives. So, I pose these two questions when viewing my postings:

How do visual and verbal rhetoric affect society? How do they shape communities, people, and cultures?

Both visual and verbal rhetoric influence how people think, feel, and react to what they see or hear. No matter how small the intent, words, images, advertisements, photography, and the media have the power to change a community(s), a person(s), or culture(s).

Thursday, October 7

A WELL DESIGNED WEBSITE

I’m obsessed with well designed websites. I found another website today…Heikin photography. I believe that’s the guy’s name…most of the site is in French! What I like about the site is the photography – it’s beautiful and well displayed; I like that the browser extends to fit your entire screen to get a close up view of the photographs; the typography; and the music – it works well with the type of photography being displayed. I did, however, find it hard to navigate through the site at first because there is no standard navigation bar.  


No comments:

Post a Comment