Consider the impact that Words & Images have on society

Words, images, advertisements, photography, and media engulf our lives. So, I pose these two questions when viewing my postings:

How do visual and verbal rhetoric affect society? How do they shape communities, people, and cultures?

Both visual and verbal rhetoric influence how people think, feel, and react to what they see or hear. No matter how small the intent, words, images, advertisements, photography, and the media have the power to change a community(s), a person(s), or culture(s).

Sunday, October 31

SHOW & TELL MY FAVORITE WORDS


Meditation
Peace
Love
Harmony
Happiness

I love what these words mean in my life. They are simple, straightforward, and to the point – like me. Just the act of meditating alone will have a positive effect on your mind during the entire day (Meditation: Peace of Mind). Which, in turn, can cause you to have a positive impact on someone else’s day. Not that I am perfect in everything I do. I’m not; I’m human – I have the worse road rage.

But think about how acting out these words could potentially affect you and someone else. If we consciously incorporated these words into our everyday thinking, we could better ourselves and create a positive environment around us.    

No comments:

Post a Comment